While this video turned out pretty great, I have to admit that I had quite a few hiccoughs along the way!
First, my studio lights! I think I didn't tighten the light bulbs enough, so one of the bulbs wasn't fully connected until about 2/3 the way through the video. Oh well! It did make me wonder if maybe I should try only having one bulb in on one side because... I actually kind of like it? It looks a little more "real" and softer, I think. Let me know what you guys think. :)
And then, there was Adobe Premiere. I've noticed the latest update has been really buggy. Premiere strangely imported one of the video clips, such that the audio sounded in sync, but visually, in the timeline, was so out of sync that I wondered if Premiere grabbed the audio from a different file altogether. As it turns out, I had to delete the file off of my computer, reimport the file onto my computer from my SD card, and then reimport the file back in Adobe. Voila! Fixed.
The "motion" (moving/resizing elements in your video) and crop functions also were super buggy. Normally, when you click on those functions in the "Effects" tab, little blue boxes will appear over the element in the video preview, and you can click and drag the blue boxes to resize or crop the element. Half the time, the little blue boxes never showed up. It happened often enough that I just resized, moved, and cropped the elements manually (there are parameters that you can tweak instead of editing straight on the preview).
Basically, this video was a whole lot of problem solving and workarounds that I didn't anticipate. I learned a lot, but man... sometimes you just want technology to work. :P
Hope you guys enjoyed this one! Here's the pdf link to follow along with the music: